Working From Home? Here’s How to Improve Document Security
Don’t assume that if you have a home office that you don't have to worry about document security. Even when working from home you have the same responsibility for document security as you would in the office. Here’s how you can improve your home office security.
- Make sure you have read and understood your company’s businesses document management policy, as this will apply at home as well as in the office.
- Identify what confidential data you are handling, understand what your legal responsibility is to protect that data, and evaluate potential security risks.
- Keep up-to-date about cyber threats – and how to avoid attackers.
- Digitise paper documents, if possible, by scanning and saving them to cloud-storage or transferring them to an external hard drive or disc.
- Ensure that you store work documents in a locked filing cabinet or drawer and that you have a secure document disposal process for documents when they are no longer needed.
- Follow a Shred-it All Policy – and avoid the risk of human error or poor judgement about which paperwork should be shredded.
We can help protect your information and your business
For more information on how Shred-it can protect your documents and hard drives, please contact us to arrange a free data security survey and for a free service quote