Hard Drive & Data Destruction Services
Hard drive destruction and disposal is the best way to ensure your data destruction and data disposal processes are secure
Whatever your line of business the growing threat of identity fraud means it is now more important than ever to ensure your data destruction and data disposal processes for large volumes of electronic information stored in hard drives is secure.
Businesses upgrading their computers typically remove the hard drives and use specialist software to erase all confidential data before sending them to recyclers. But this solution is not always secure as while some modern programmes do erase the data, others delete only the file directories on the hard drive, leaving the data itself untouched.
This information can easily be restored to its original state using other software, meaning these companies’ confidential data can end up in the hands of potential fraudsters, leaving them non-compliant with data protection legislation and facing damage to their reputations.
Shred–it’s hard drive destruction and hard drive disposal service processes can help you to keep your information confidential.
Hard drive destruction is the only secure way to permanently destroy decommissioned hard disks. Using cutting edge data destruction technology, Shred-it drill through the hard disk’s spindle causing the platter to ripple and tear. This makes it impossible to reconstruct and recover the data. See this data destruction process in action (insert video link)
Once the hard drive destruction is complete the hard drive disposal process begins. The destroyed hard drives are sent to Shred-it’s UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) approved partner for further shredding and recycling.
Then, a process takes place whereby ferrous and non-ferrous metals are removed first before copper rich materials, printed circuit boards and plastics are taken away. All these materials are then sent to turned into new recycled products.
Besides giving businesses the peace of mind which comes from knowing their hard drive destruction and hard drive disposal processes are secure, destroying hard drives with Shred-it is also:
- Cost effective: Shred-it offer competitive prices for hard drive destruction and hard drive disposal services.
- Convenient: We can undertake your hard drive data destruction on site or off site depending on your requirements.
- Compliant: Our hard drive destruction services ensure that your data destruction and data disposal is compliant with data privacy legislation. We issue a Certificate of Destruction detailing the time and date of every hard drive destruction to provide you with an audit trail.
- Environmentally Responsible: As well as being a secure means of data destruction and data disposal Shred-it’s hard drive destruction service also offers one of the most environmentally friendly hard drive disposal processes available. Our hard drive recycling partner holds all required permits for recycling e-waste, is compliant with WEEE, holds a Waste Carrier License and is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accredited.
In addition to hard drives Shred-it branches also accept the following electronic media materials for the secure data destruction and data disposal:
- Backup Magnetic Tapes (any kind DLT, mini cartridges and many more)
- Floppy Disk (3.5 inch disks, 5.25 inch disks and many more)
- Zip Disk (100 MB, 250 MB and other large disks)
- Optical media (CDs, DVDs, Blue Ray and HD DVD)
Find out more how Shred-it’s hard drive destruction can provide added security and peace of mind.
* Contact your local Shred-it branch to see if our On-Demand Purge Service is available in your area, and what hard drive and media destruction options are offered.